Writing has always been a passion of mine. But it was a hobby that I only recently started up after my better half suggested that I take part in a short course in children’s writing. The course got the creative juices flowing and motivated me to pursue my lifelong dream of publishing a children’s picture book. I loved it and thoroughly enjoyed the process of putting my ideas onto paper and seeing the words come to life. Fast forward seven months later, the bubble burst. SPLAT! – Right in my face! After submitting three manuscripts across a handful of publishers, I was dealt with one rejection letter after another. I lost my artistic mojo.
Feeling somewhat disheartened, I stopped writing altogether and shelved my plans of becoming the next J.K. Rowling, Enid Blyton or Roald Dahl. However, when a friend recommended that I try out to become an official Chadstone Blogger for the Spring/Summer Fashion 2012 season, the spark was re-ignited. Although I didn’t try out for the competition, it was the catalyst that inspired me to continue writing and opened my eyes to a whole new world – the Blogosphere!
I no longer needed the affirmation of a publisher to have my work produced for the world to see and enjoy. I have full creative control and I discovered that blogging was a different medium where I could express my ideas, thoughts and reflections.
My posts will never win a Pulitzer Prize. My articles will never be hard hitting journalism, or sharp, witty, thought provoking pieces. I’m a long way off to being a prolific writer; I guess that’s why it took me by surprise when I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by A tale or two to tell…...
As far as I’m aware, my parents are the only ones who religiously view my posts everyday, just so my stats improve (thank you mum and papa! I know you’re reading this. Surprise!). I shouldn’t forget to mention my beautiful friend T, who can even quote lines from some of the stories I’ve posted. And an honourable mention goes to DH for the encouragement.
Hence, I was stoked and thrilled to bits knowing that other people actually read my blog, and hopefully enjoy my regular musings. Thank you A tale or two to tell….. for the nomination, you made my day!
Please check out A tale or two to tell….. …. on her blog: emmahicks76.wordpress.com
Beautiful Blogger Award Rules:
The idea behind the Beautiful Blogger Award is to recognize some of the blogger we read for their hard work and inspiration.
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.
7 Things About Myself:
- I would rather parachute out of a plane in my underwear than do public speaking
- I wanted to marry Jon Bon Jovi since I was 10 years old
- If I could turn back time, I’d become a fashion designer
- I sat near the Oscar winning actor Geoffrey Rush on a train all the way into the city of Melbourne (I’ve been amongst greatness!)
- I wrote a letter to Fat Cat when I was 7 years old and the schmuck never wrote back. Where’s the love? I’m still scarred. (Fat Cat is Australia’s equivalent to Big Bird, Barney the Dinosaur or a Telly Tubby!). All you Aussies who are old enough to remember this TV character, you’ll understand how jibbed I feel!
- I was always the last person picked on a team during P.E. classes. I couldn’t run, catch, throw or kick to save myself….I am such a klutz and completely uncoordinated!
- I love karaoke!
Now to pay it forward. I have nominated the following blogs for the Beautiful Blogger Award. You’ll notice I have a soft spot for blogs with a travel and/or photography focus. I hope we can all continue to motivate, recognise and appreciate the wonderful work of each other.
2. …musings of Tonya LaTorre – tonyalatorre.wordpress.com
5. Wanderful Escapades – leemajors78.wordpress.com